Friday, December 29, 2006

Home for the Holidays

Ah, New York during the holidays....it's a mob!!! Is it just me, or does NYC become more crowded during the holidays every year? It's not even New Year's Eve yet!!

Anyway, not much to babble about right now. I'm just home, getting some rest and family time in. I'll be going into the City tommorrow, and I'll bring my sketchbook, but my mom's coming with me, and God forbid she get bored because I have to sit in one place to sketch. I guess it'll have to be quick studies day.

My buddy Rob told me about the Blue Sky Challenge Blog. I gave it a look over, and decided to do their ninja challenge. It's me after all. Anyway, here it is.


It's probably a bit more violent than Blue Sky would intend. I decided that I didn't want to actually draw the ninja, but draw its presence. Ninja (or shinobi) were masters of stealth, espionage, and assassination. If you actually saw the ninja, that ninja probably needs to find another line of work. It's all about killing the target before they even realize they're being hunted.

With that in mind, I created the scene to make the viewer believe that they're are right there, watching one of their men get cut down by shuriken. Pretty scary stuff, watching men fall, and you have no idea where it's coming from. Hope you like it!

1 comment:

RoB said...

Hey Piya!~

Glad to hear you are having fun back home and also getting use to the craziness that it is. NYC is always busy! :P Hey, great sketch here for the Blue Sky Challenge! Is there a link to it to make it bigger? Right now all I can see is the thumb, but it looks awesome! I like the mood and the silhouette of the character! I hope you are doing well in NY.

~!WoOtWoOt!~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...