Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Battle For Macragge

For my 200th post, I present to you the Battle for Macragge! I really wanted to get across the idea of a noble sacrifice and an honorable death.


I definitely had the movie Gladiator in my mind while working on this piece.
This piece was a long time coming. This sketch was done sometime last spring, when I was suddenly hit with a lot of freelance work/ I chipped at it until about 2 months ago when my schedule freed up a little and I was able to get back to it.

The original pencils with an overload of details. It's a very busy pencil drawing, but I knew I'd rather put in too much detail and just make some disappear instead of making a simple drawing and trying to resolve the details while painting.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...