Sunday, August 2, 2009

Post 100



It seems somehow serendipitous that on my 100th blog post, I should display my recent foray back into more traditional media (or analog media, for the nerds in the audience). Here's an oil portrait I did recently (after have not painted in oil for about 4 years). It was done in three hours.

Do I have a lot of work ahead of me? Of course. That's why artists do what they do for their entire lives. Am I satisfied with this painting? Yes and no. Yes, because I wasn't sure how much I've lost over the years of not painting in oil. I'm pleased to say I didn't lose too much and I'm almost ready to say that I'm exactly where I left off. And at the same time, I know things can be better.

Well, I've got the rest of my life to learn more and produce better work. Not nearly enough time.

1 comment:

Charles Santoso said...

Very nice, Piya! Great to hear that you're going back to traditional media.. That's something that I'm planning to do too! :D

All the best, man!

-Charles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...