Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Draculsaurus Pyro

I reworked my Dinogloth painting for the ArtOrder blog. Not much of a surprise that I would gravitate towards big scaly reptiles huh? I think this new version can now be considered a finished painting. I've been changing my way of doing things lately, due in no small part to Kekai Kotaki's article on ImagineFX Issue 41 (Kekai's blog is found here). His way of painting is much more free, spontaneous and more organic (not to mention a hundred times faster!). The tradeoff is that the line between work in progress and final finished painting becomes more hazy. I hope I have sound judgement on finding that line.

Oh and I named my dino Draculsaurus pyro (Fire Dragon Reptile). If my Latin is completely off, please let me know. Thanks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...