Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Clockwork Army

Phew! I started this for Illustration Friday's theme of 'Multiple' for last week, but I finally finished it. It was a rather ambitious piece, and I'm not 100% happy about it, but for now, I'm going to call it done.

It was inspired by a video game I played over 10 years ago (makes me feel old). Most RPG fans will remember Final Fantasy VI (although it was called Final Fantasy III at the time). It was probably one of the best Final Fantasy games storywise in the series, and one could argue it was in fact the best. Anywho, there was a little enemy called the Pipsqueak, which was basically a really cute little robot knight.


It was an insignificant enemy, just meant to be another evil little guy to run over on your way to saving the world, but somehow, the concept stuck with me. Even back then, I knew I'd do something inspired by the image of the Pipsqueak. So, 13 years later, I finally did!

5 comments:

StudioRisingStar said...

That's a pretty detailed piece man!
Interesting take on pipsqueak.

-Brandon

sam said...

I love the mechanical dragon on the back. Great character design!

RoB said...

OH SNAP! This is really cool dude! Well done sir!~ Can't wait for your next master piece! I hope you are doing well dude.

~!WoOtWoOt!~

StudioRisingStar said...

I got the mag today yo!
Great work again and Congrats!
-SRS

Conrad Leiden said...

Hey Piya, I'm just stopping by to say that I love this picture, one of my favorites. Its basically my go-to for desktop wallpaper and so forth. I know it's not the Louvre or whatever, but always have a piece hanging on my wall!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...