Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Night

Thought I'd try a night scene. I can hear you gasp: 'Piya didn't paint a dragon!!???? The end of the world is nigh!!' Yes, I know I've done a ton of them, but believe it or not, I like a break once in a while! And yes, I know, painting a griffin isn't too different, but what can I say?



Anywho, I've had a bee in my bonnet about griffins being depicted only with an eagle head and lion rear. Yes, I know, that's what it says in mythology, but for heaven's sake, there's such a rich diversity of raptors and cats out there in the world; how can we not try something different??!! I'm starting to work on redefining other mythological and fantasy creatures, and I'll certainly post them here. New ideas are always welcome of course!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

StudioRisingStar said...

Man Piya-chan! That's an interesting creature! Great job and great color choices.Man Piya's blowing up!!!! Forgive me for not giving constuctive criticism much, I don't see anything wrong with your work. Thanks for visiting my blog from time to time, you don't know how much it means to me.

-SRS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...