Friday, May 11, 2007

Some New Thumbs

I've started my online class digital painting class with the talented Bobby Chiu. It's probably going to take up the lion's share of my time, so I doubt I'll be able to post a whole lot in the way of new digital paintings until I'm done. This is because for the most part, our class paintings are based off of Bobby's drawings, so they're his property, and if I post them as mine, it's not just illegal, it's plain low. To learn more about his work and class, check out www.imaginism.com and www.schoolism.com.

In the meantime, I'll be doing thumbs for new ideas that I plan on taking to finish once I'm done with Bobby's class (and hopefully, my digital painting skills will be improved). Here are some right now.




Now for fun (and to find out how good-or bad- my design skills are), leave me a comment and tell me what you think is going on in each thumb (Knowledge of Japanese samurai culture and Games Workshop games is recommended.). The first one to get all three right will get some sort of prize. Maybe a sketch or something. Just please get it right quickly, or I'll be depressed.

3 comments:

RoB said...

AWESOME POST DUDE!!!
I love'em, especially the second one!
All your panels tell a story, its so great!
The first panel is dark, he gonna end it
The second one is a duel between two warriors(my fav).
The third is the dude using his powers to conquer the masses.

All the panels are clear with great design! Great post dude! I can't wait to see more!

~!WoOtWoOt!~

Unknown said...

Hi Piya,

You can feel free to post your assignments. I don't mind.

jonisart said...

The thumbnails are really nice Piya! I pretty much agree with Rob on everything. The first one the guy is about to get his head chopped off, the second one is two people about to go at it, and the third looks like a battle scene. I really love the second one. I can't wait to see it finished

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...